Air source heat pumps in Carmarthen from EHT
Even when the weather is cold outside, you can use an air source heat pump to extract heat from it. At EHT, we install air source heat pumps in Carmarthen and beyond.
Innovative air source heat pump Technology
- Self-contained unit, only requiring water and electric connections
- No need for gas supply, flues or ventilation
- Single phase power supply with a low starting current (3 phase available for 14kW)
- Low maintenance and quiet to run
- Operates with outside temperatures as low as -25ºC
- Multiple unit connection
- Bivalent function, for use with conventional boilers
- 2-zone energy efficient space heating control
- Available as a standalone, packaged or semi packaged system
- Helps achieve renewable energy targets
- Capable of reducing running costs and CO2 emissions.
An Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) is a refrigerant based system, like your refrigerator at home. The system can absorb low grade heat from the air, and raise its temperature efficiently to be suitable for space heating and/or hot water. Ecodan is an air source heat pump system and can provide water temperatures of up to 60°C (without backup electric heater) in ambient temperatures as low as -25°C*.
The Ecodan heat pump range is suitable for everything from a small domestic to a large application.
Using proven inverter driven heat pump technology to deliver effective, low carbon heating and hot water, Mitsubishi Electric’s award winning Ecodan systems provide a simple, renewable solution that rivals traditional heating systems.
For every 1kW of electricity fed into an Ecodan heat pump unit (i.e.the outdoor part of the Ecodan heating system), you could get at least 3kW of heating energy. The overall system efficiency and energy savings will depend on the comparison with your current heating system, satisfactory system design and installation, and operational settings i.e. how you use the heating system.
Ecodan Monobloc Air Source Heat Pumps
The Mitsubishi range of Ecodan monobloc air source heat pumps includes 5, 8.5, 11.2 and 14kW sizes. Now with the ability to cascade up to six units of the same output, Ecodan monobloc systems offer a capacity range from 5 through to 84kW. Designed to suit a wide number of applications, these models offer a viable solution for the varying requirements that domestic and small commercial applications demand.